Monday, October 11, 2004

Reflection of the Mirror Stage

I feel compelled to lift the curse.
I'll tell my tale tonight in verse.
They call me the West Relic Owl.
My sophomoric rhyme scheme makes folks scowl.
I write to have a little fun.
Careful not to make a pun,
for if I do it costs me dearly.
She'll charge me 13 cents each, nearly.
So hear I am just back from work.
No longer can I simply lurk.
Tonight I aim to fill the page.
Contribute to the mirror stage.
If all who read my simple rhyme
would each just take a little time,
The magic of this blog can grow
beyond all limits that we know.
So come and be part of the magic.
To keep silent would be tragic.

2 comments:

de Feo-Giet said...

AAW. You're brilliant!!! Thanks. I try and try to inspire people to write with endless stories about what I'm up to, but you have been so brave and great. Hooray for the West Owl Relic!! I like the part about punning. It's true you know.

I'm just sitting here reading, (except now, obviously) my mom is sound asleep about 3 feet away from me, she can sleep through anything, it is amazing, lamb bones from dinner are simmering in a pot to become a lamb broth for a soup, and I figured out my VCR!!! ALLELUIA!! We can watch whatever our little hearts desire on Thursday!!

I have an exam tomorrow, over the internet, which i have literally done fuck all revision for. Must do some tomorrow before I take it. Ihave a physio theapy appointment at 1.45 though, and my mom wants to take me out shopping. It's so hard to be a good person!! (sigh) here's a fun little thing in response.

It is not the revelling in jest
That you now do at my behest
That forces all to gather round.

It is rather the carnival sound
Of West Owl Relic procalaiming loud
That he is magic and he;s proud.

Like moths to flame they flock and beat
Soft wings and tongues to flame and heat
Or on a lightbulb fry and die
For West Owl Relic is a popular guy...
No stickler he for a singular partner
His love life is a romantic startler
A love for every weekday, nearly,

He lives up to nickname, "slutboy" clearly.

But when all is said, when all is told,
He has a heart of purest gold,
Of softest feathers
And smoothest silk,

There is no one of quite his ilk,
For though he is "Slut Boy"
With a capital "S"
That "S" stands for "Sweetness"
And "Success"

Tuna Oddfellow said...

You Rock!