Wednesday, October 06, 2004

happy birthday...

...to me!?!

Thankyou so much those of you who sent me ecards and cheered me up in these first few hours of my birthday while I'm working away, and actually forgetting that it is my birthday...thanks for reminding me! The West Owl Relic called me at midnight on the dot so he would be he first to wish me a happy birthday, which was very sweet, but some of you weren't far off, simply because I happened to be checking my email before going to bed at FIVE TO THREE IN THE MORNING. Which is what it is now here. My birthday is going to be lovely class and supermarket...nothing exciting I'm afraid. I'll probably knock back a few and takestock in myself, and do some more work, it'll be fine. I have some really good news...firsly a set of 1910s oak drawers I bought from a little antiques store in Iowa or something arrived today. I bough it over the internet, and it looks FAB and fits in my bedroom perfectly. The other really cool thing is that it looks like I found a little studio space in a cute gallery that runs classes and poetry readings and stuff near my house, and its affordable, and hopefully I'm going to take it. I kind of needed a turn around on the luck front. It's been exactly one week since my Gran died. It's so weird to have a happy event come right after a sad one like this. I know she would want me to stay positive though.

Incidentally, I've also joined the Graduate School women's Group council...I'm so bleeding civic minded.

yesterdayit was gorgeously sunny but really crisp and cold and I did some errands and hen came home and made myself some cornbread, which is I think exactly the right thing to do in weather like that...BAKING. It was satisfying, and I have a little golden loaf that I'm gradually shaving down and trying with all different accompaniments. I discovered a genius combination this evening...take on slice of cornbread and cover with thin slices of norwegian Gjetost (slightly sweet brown goat's cheese...it looks scary, but tastes OH SO GOOD, trust me)and toast unil cheese is soft. THen DEVOUR while sitting sprawled on a sofa reading "the Apparitional Lesbian" and contemplating your good fortune. That is the recipe of the evening.

so...

"Why don't you write me I'm out in the jungle I'm hungry to hear you...send me a card I am waiting so hard to be near you-oooo, owoooooo." that's what I say to those of you who I haven't heard from ina while. And to all of youwrite somethingon the blog, for goodness sake, people will think you are all my imaginary friends!!!

love you all,

XXXX

It is still my birthday, so I'm adding on to this post to say an extra special thankyou so much to Icarus who brought me two delicious lemon poppy seed muffins this morning...did they remind you of the sun you are trying to reach??

No comments: