Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Belated RIP

I know I live in something of a bubble at Harvard, but I just JUST found out the most awful news: John Peel is DEAD!!!

WHAT THE FUCK???? WHAT THE FUCK????? WHAT THE FUCK???????????

How can I NOT HAVE KNOWN THIS??????

I feel like nelson's column just fell over. The man was a GENIUS, and so fantastic. I remember when jane used to send faxes to him and he would talk about her zine on air. He was an institution, the most amazing institution: not only was he just cool all around, not only did he have this amazingly soothing voice and then would crank out amazing music, he promoted and did soo much for the careers of so many of my favourite bands: he helped THE FALL for fuck's sake. And the Wedding Present. Joy Division. and most of the bands I was friendly with. Good GOd .

RIP. I feel so stupid that I hadn;t heard. god.

PLEH
PLEH PLEH
PLEH PLEH PLEH

No comments: